Using Automations In Your Adwords Campaign For Easier Management
Setting up and effectively managing an AdWords campaign to ensure return on investment is extremely time consuming, and often requires specialist expertise. The good news is that AdWords offers a solution to streamlining campaign management with automations. You can automate dimensions reports to understand top landing pages and best-selling day of the week, and you can even automate keyword bids to ensure that your ads are in the best converting position.
Setting Up Keyword Bid Automations
- Using keyword bid automations, for example, when in the keywords tab, select Automate, and create the rule: Change Max CPC Bids. You can either apply this rule to all keywords within the campaign, selected keywords of your choice, or keywords that are all but removed in the campaign.
- Next you need to decide if you want to increase or decrease your bids, according to what your best converting position is. Apply the percentage change and be sure to set a max bid, as this tells Google the maximum you’re willing to bid on keywords.
- Next, apply requirements to your rule; you may tell Google to apply the bid change when the average position is worse than 3.1. Remember the decimal point is an indication of how close your keyword is to moving into another position.
- It’s vital to provide the frequency of which you want Google to run your automation. Depending on your business, product and/or service, you can select from daily, weekly, and monthly frequencies. Indicate to Google where to use the previous data from, is it the previous day, 7 days, 14 days, 3 months etc.
- Lastly, preview your results to see what changes would occur if your rule were to run now.
Expert tip: Do not be concerned if all of your rules do not run at once, the reason for this is because if they were, then your daily budget would be used up too quickly, in a short period of time.
To see what in your campaign can be automated, and how your digital marketing can be improved – take a free digital check-up, here.