With Mothers Day this Sunday, we thought we would honour the women who are not just running households, but who are kicking some serious career goals!
Women who can juggle school drop-offs, football training, dance lessons, board meetings, and who can still finish that annual report on time. Working Mums really are quite special, aren’t they? You know if you give a task to a working Mum, it’s going to get done, and it’s going to get done right.
To all those awesome hard-working Mums out there, here are 5 reasons why you make the best businesswomen!
- They Can Adapt. From fussy eating children, last minute sleepovers, and babysitters who cancel at the last minute, Mum knows how to adapt to changing circumstances, and can handle any situation.
- They have awesome communication and negotiation skills. Mums are the ultimate peacemaker between siblings, and are expert at dealing with toddler’s public screaming, crying, snotty-faced tantrums. If you need someone to diffuse a situation, you better call Mum.
- They know a few things about multitasking. From cooking dinner, finishing Grade 3 English homework, doing the laundry, trying to watch the 6pm news… you get the point! Mum knows how to juggle tasks and prioritise what needs to be done.
- Their Research skills are second to none. From prams and car seats, to finishing last minute school projects, and tracking down naughty teenagers, Mums are a wealth of information and can find pretty much anything out.
- They have a purpose and want to fulfil their dream. Mums who decided to re-enter the workforce do so because they have drive, they have a passion for their job, and they want to make a difference.
We hope all Mums get spoilt this Sunday. We hope you have a day free of toddler tantrums, and your teenager actually gets out of bed before midday. We hope that you continue working so hard, and that you continue being such a inspiration!
Author: Nicole Hillyard
Nicole develops and implements strategies that allow clients to seamlessly integrate digital communications into their marketing strategy. She is skilled in executing campaigns across the Google Suite and developing collateral to support this execution. Her passion is to open minds through communicating big ideas on digital platforms.