Embrace Your Inner German At OKTOBERFEST BRISBANE 2013
Oktoberfest Brisbane runs for two weekends in October, 11th, 12th and 13th plus the following weekend – 18th, 19th and 20th.
Oktoberfest Brisbane Reveals TOP FIVE Secrets on how to create the Perfect Event Atmosphere!
One of Australia’s leading cultural events, Oktoberfest Brisbane, has revealed its top five secrets, which will guarantee the perfect event, even for the fussiest of guests.
When perfection is paramount, Oktoberfest Brisbane has achieved renowned success, for their authentic replication of the original Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. The Managing Partners have even added their own Bavarian touches to compliment the traditional event, to ensure guests enjoy the complete German experience.
- CHOOSING THE RIGHT PARTNERS The event organisers consist of two devoted Australian-German families who invest much time and energy into creating this family event. “Both our families have so much experience with the original Oktoberfest in Germany, so much so that it’s second nature for us to authentically re-create the event here. There is no guess work involved,” Reimer E Moeller – Managing Partner explained.
- MOOD AND SETTING With a meticulous eye for detail, nothing has been left to chance, from the floors to the ceiling, to the props and furnishings, everything is either shipped in from Germany or hand-crafted to the original design in Australia, to ensure the setting exudes the true spirit of Oktoberfest,” Managing Partner – Boris Zoulek said.
- PERFECT LOCATION Considering more than 35,000 people are expected at the event that runs for six-days, over two weekends, the organisers chose the ambient venue of the RNA Showgrounds, to effectively cater for the crowd, who mostly don gorgeous dirndls and lederhosen, in the Bavarian-style ‘Biergarten’ and Market Square.The massive Moreton Bay figs create shade to the alfresco dining area that boasts hundreds of sets of genuine Munich Oktoberfest wooden tables and benches. The atmosphere and seating arrangements encourage new introductions and lots of space to bring a crowd of one’s own!
- SOURCING THE BEST FOOD AND BEVERAGES POSSIBLE The Managing Partners also invite the very best food stall holders and providers of German products to be a part of the festival. Quality produce is king! Germany’s finest delicacies are showcased – German sausages, pretzels, pork knuckles, chicken schnitzels, plus an array of to-die-for desserts including traditional Black Forest cakes, Bavarian cheesecakes, apple strudels, giant love-heart gingerbreads and European sweets are all prepared by the hands of European foodies that have made Brisbane their beloved home.
- HAND PICK YOUR ENTERTAINMENT Children of all ages can enjoy the amusement rides, games, face painting, petting zoo and popular children’s entertainers, or unwind in the cheery, relaxed Oktoberfest Brisbane Tent, listening to the authentic Oktoberfest Band ‘Munich Boys’ and professional Yodeler – Heidi! Families can also meet and join-in with the three generations of Alpenrosen dances as they perform the traditional German favourite – the ‘chicken-dance’ as well as the ever-popular ‘Fliegerlied,’ plus many more German dances.