Maintaining Digital Content For Effective SEO
Google has, in recent years, updated to their search algorithms resulting in many companies being ‘knocked off’ the web, so to speak. Google implemented tighter guidelines for website optimisation and in the grand scheme of things is actually making the web a better place. By taking into account the content of a website, the frequency that this content is updated while disregarding a lot of the links to and from other sites (these in the past could just be fake directories), Google is trying to make sure you are being shown what you are searching for, not a whole website dedicated to cat photography…unless that’s what you’re into.
And by content, we mean having social media sites, electronic mail campaigns, a blog and continuously updated website copy.
How To Keep Your Content SEO-friendly
So what do you need to do?
- Audit your current website copy and update. Contact us for a free digital audit today!
- Set up your Social Media sites – please have a strategy for this, don’t just set up and leave.
- Publish a blog on your website – again don’t just publish one article and leave it for three years!
- Think about what search terms you would like to be found on – what would your customers/clients be searching for when they are looking for you. Then make a blog schedule that achieves this.
- Rinse and Repeat: Look at your content and update regularly.
Read about our 5 Tips to generate more blog topics!
Some fun content facts:
- 50% of consumers say content marketing has a positive impact on purchasing decisions.
- Interesting content is one of the top 3 reasons people follow brands on social media.
- Companies with active blogs receive 97% more leads.
Source: Neil Patel (Quicksprout), How Content Marketing Affects Search Engine Rankings.